|Dolev [Image Source], north east of Jerusalem, is a Binyamin region|
community of about 1,200 that was established in 1983.
The chronology below is the latest in a series of reports we have published in recent months based on the Tayar Security Report with some editing and annotating by us. Yehudit Tayar produces her invaluable bulletins on the basis of first-responder, police and army reports.
Monday January 7, 2013
- Kochav Yair: Arab thief breaks into a private home and is surprised by the owner. In the ensuing struggle, the owner is stabbed in the stomach and leg. The intruder escapes. The homeowner is evacuated to hospital for medical treatment. Security services are investigating.
- Hebron: A Molotov cocktail or firebomb is thrown at IDF position beside the community’s Jewish cemetery
- Shomron region: A firebomb (or Molotov cocktail) is hurled at an IDF post adjacent to the IDF divisional base.
- Near Hawara, vicinity of Sh'chem/Nablus: An Israeli bus comes under rock attacked from Palestinian Arabs near the Dotan base.
Tuesday January 8, 2013
- The widow of Rabbi Elimelech Shapira HY”D, who was murdered on July 25, 2002 near Alei Zahav and who is a resident of the communal village of Peduel is attacked by Arabs while she is driving in the vicinity. They force their way into her vehicle, rob her and steal the car. A passing resident of the Kedumim community drives her to safety.
Wednesday January 9, 2013
- Gush Etzion: Massive rock-throwing attacks once again by Arabs near the villages of al’Arub and Beit Ummar.
- Also in Gush Etzion, near the community of Neve Daniel: Arabs attack Israeli vehicles with rocks.
- Also in Gush Etzion, at the Al Khadr junction, Arabs mount yet another rock-throwing attack on Israeli vehicles passing through
- At the northern entrance to Efrat, south of Jerusalem and adjacent to Gush Etzion: An attempted theft of an Israeli vehicle by Arabs – the vehicle was stuck (presumably because of the stormy weather and the poor state of many roads). No one is injured
Thursday January 10, 2013
- Near the Itamar community in the Shomron region: Dozens of Arabs engage in a violent demonstration in Givat Halahava, attempting to attack the local residents. About 30 succeed in reaching the residents’s homes. IDF forces them to retreat. There are no injuries.
- Gush Etzion: al’Arub on the Gush Etzion-Hevron road, two Israelis are injured by Arabs attacking vehicles with rocks.
Sunday January 13, 2013
- The Tomb of the Matriarch Rachel (Kever Rachel): A Border police serviceman suffers facial injuries as a result of being struck by a rock during a rock attack by Arabs. He is taken to the Hadassah Medical Center in Ein Karem for urgent medical care.
- Binyamin region: Near the Ofra community, rock-hurling Arabs attack Israeli vehicles.
- On the road between the Binyamin communities of Dolev and Talmon, still more rock attacks by Arabs directed at Israeli vehicles; damage is caused to the cars.
- Gush Etzion: On the road between the communities of Efrat and Tekoa, what are described as “massive” rock attacks are mounted by Arabs against Israeli vehicles near the T-Junction, causing property damage.
Monday (today) January 14, 2013
- The IDF censor has authorized the release of the following: At 22:45 Sunday night, gunfire was heard near the community of Migdal Oz in Gush Etzion: IDF patrols investigated and arrested an Arab armed with an improvised gun from which shots had fired at the guard at the entrance to the community.
Postscript: Yehudit Tayar writes - "These reports are translated and publicized by Hatzalah Yehudah and Shomron with the clearance and confirmation of the IDF. Hatzalah Yehudah and Shomron is a voluntary emergency medical organization with over 500 volunteer doctors, paramedics, medics who are on call 24/7 and work along with the IDF, 669 IAF Airborn Rescue, the security officers and personal throughout Yesha and the Jordan Valley, and with MDA. We, the volunteers of Hatzalah Yehudah and Shomron go out to rescue anyone who needs our emergency medical assistance; including civilians, military and Arabs also those within the PA territories. (with IDF presence) To us a life is precious and we go out at risk leaving home and family or stopping on the road to rescue anyone in need."