|Yusuf in New York court with his lawyer, 21st November 2011|
- Praise for Osama bin Laden in an essay from March 5, 2011. He justifies Al-Qaeda's war on the U.S. and the targeting of civilians, especially the 9/11 attacks.
- "America and its allies are all legitimate targets in warfare," including civilians who strengthen the U.S. economy, like those who worked at the World Trade Center.
- Non-Muslims fight wars for worldly reasons and for worldly gains, but Muslims wage jihad for religious reasons, in fulfillment of Allah's commands. Non-Muslim soldiers and wars are immoral. Jihad and the mujahideen are virtuous.
- Islam will not flourish until the concept of jihad is properly understood and implemented by Muslims.
- When arrested, he told police: "Islamic law obligates all true Muslims to wage war against the United States in response to the United States invasion of Muslim lands."